The heart of every home is the kitchen, so much planning needs to go into building your dream kitchen and making it a gathering place that is both beautiful and functional. Kitchen trends come and go, but here are a few hot trends right now that you might consider for your new home:
- Painted Cabinets: White cabinets continue to be the top color for painted cabinetry, but grey is becoming increasingly popular, as subtle shades of off white meet grey, giving a light, fresh feel to the home. Another popular way to do it – mix paint and stained wood cabinetry to give your kitchen a truly custom look that is unique to your individual style.
- Black & White: Want your kitchen to feel modern, yet classic, without too much “trendy” in there? Black and white kitchens continue to be very popular, building on the trend for white cabinets. Pair the white cabinets with black granite, white subway tile backsplash, and rich hardwood floors, and you’ve got a kitchen that is timeless.
- Bright Sinks: Looking for something unique? Designers are starting to see more boldness when it comes to sink color. While most still opt for a white farmhouse or stainless sink, bold greens and blues are becoming more popular – particularly for farmhouse sinks where more sink is visible.
- Technology is Key: Make your kitchen work for you, with automation at each turn. A simple addition to any kitchen is an automated faucet that senses when your hands are placed underneath. Or you can have simple light sensors put in to turn lights on and off when someone enters or leaves the kitchen.
- Fixtures: Unique, bold lighting continues to be a popular way of adding pizzazz to the kitchen. Mesh the style of the fixtures to compliment the style in the rest of the home for a seamless look.